Meteorologist Content Production
Are you on our radar?
- Are you a meteorologist or similar with a passion to communicate your weather and climate expertise in a sympathetic and straightforward way?
- Is your head full of ideas on how to make weather trends and science topics interesting to our users?
- Do you like to respond to current weather events and deliver forecasts and news?
- Would you like to build new concepts and formats to maintain the image of our brand and increase user interaction?
- Do you have experience or aspirations to be a live weather presenter across online platforms?
- Do you have a desire to work in a variety of tasks across forecasting, content production, social media management and possibly within video production and press relations?
We have the job for you!
Meteorologist – Content Production
Weather is more
Weather & Radar Limited is looking for an ambitious and talented weather expert for our Coventry office servicing our app in the United Kingdom and Ireland. We are the sister company of WetterOnline, Germany’s leading service for all things weather. Around 150 employees at WetterOnline’s headquarters in Bonn and branch offices in the UK and the USA not only ensure a particularly precise weather forecast, but also a good working climate. We are behind one of the world’s top weather apps with around 35 million active app users.
To succeed with us, you will need:
- A Meteorology or related degree
- High organisational, fact checking and accuracy standards
- To be a supportive team player
- Enthusiasm, ideas, and a playful attitude to formats
- Excellent communication skills in English, both writing and verbal presentation as well as excellent IT skills
- Other desired skills include: German language, experience in press relations, video editing and social media management
- A unique opportunity to get on board from the beginning in a new venture of a renowned and well-established weather service
- Flexible employment terms
- A dynamic and encouraging work environment with a short chain of command
Have we sparked your interest?
Send us your CV, cover letter and three samples of your article and/or social media-style writing.